Ever notice how you always seem to get sick right after facing a major life event like a new job or a big trip? For many of us, we just chalk this up to bad timing and move right along.
As it turns out, though, we’re often ignoring proven medical science when we shrug these illnesses off as coincidence. It’s been proven that between 75 percent and 90 percent of all visits to the doctor are for issues related to stress. And this, friends, is exactly how stress affects our daily lives.
We know that staying away from major stress is easier said than done, but there are some techniques to help you manage stress. So what are some ways you can limit stress to help make yourself more healthy?
Identify the high-stress parts of your life that you can afford to cut out. For some people this might be a relationship with a volatile friend or family member, where for others it’s activities like managing a checkbook or watching television right before bed. Only you can identify these areas for yourself, so be as honest with yourself as possible. However, we do like cheat days too! On such days, use Welly’s Restful sleep gummies to fall into a peaceful slumber right after watching an action movie!
Know how much stress is too much. Because of the widespread damage stress can cause, it’s important to know your own limit. But just how much stress is “too much” differs from person to person based on the pressure they face and how they deal with it.
Maintain a proper sleep schedule. Stress can affect sleep and sleep deprivation can cause immense unnecessary stress. To escape this vicious cycle, use soothing tunes or our Restful sleep gummies to fall asleep peacefully within an hour of using the gummies.
Identify factors that influence your stress tolerance level, like:
- Your support network. A strong network of supportive friends and family members is an enormous advantage when it comes to fighting stress..
- Your sense of control. It’s easier to take stress in stride if you have confidence in yourself and your ability to change or influence life events and persevere through challenges.
- Your attitude and outlook. The way you look at life and its inevitable challenges directly affects how prone to stress you are. If you’re generally hopeful and optimistic, you’re less likely to feel the impact that stress often tends to create.
- Your ability to deal with your emotions. Having the ability to identify and deal appropriately with your emotions can increase your tolerance to stress and help you bounce back from adversity.
- Your knowledge and preparation. The more you know about a stressful situation, including how long it will last and what to expect, the easier it is to cope. For example, if you go into surgery with a clear picture of what the recovery will be like, it’ll be less stressful than if you were expecting to bounce back immediately.
Improve your ability to handle stress, by using the following methods:
- Get moving. Regular exercise can lift your mood and serve as a distraction from worries, allowing you to break out of the cycle of negative thoughts that feed stress. Rhythmic exercises such as walking, running, swimming, and dancing are particularly effective.
- Connect to others. Spend time with people who improve your mood and don’t let your responsibilities keep you from having a social life. Make it a priority to build stronger and more satisfying connections.
- Engage your senses. Does listening to an uplifting song make you feel calm? Or smelling ground coffee? Or maybe petting an animal works quickly to make you feel centered? Everyone responds to sensory input a little differently, so experiment to find what works best for you.
- Eat a healthy diet. The food you eat can improve or worsen your mood and affect your ability to cope with life’s stressors. A diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables, high-quality protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, can help you better cope with life’s ups and downs.
- Get your rest. Feeling tired can increase stress by causing you to think irrationally. At the same time, chronic stress can disrupt your sleep. Improve your sleep so you feel less stressed and more productive and emotionally balanced.
We feel just as frustrated and stressed as you do, but we’ve noticed that some of these stress management techniques are actually really helpful. With proper sleep and managed stress, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in life! So let’s jump aboard this stress-less train and manage all our worries away with Welly’s Restful sleep gummies!