#WokeUpLikeThis — such a trendy line, isn’t it? We think it is. And here’s the interesting part: you can use this tag too, and very soon; given that you understand how sleep directly affects our skin. What do you have to gain? A filter-free, real morning-selfie with fabulous skin!
First and foremost, you should understand that sleep is the time when your body repairs itself. During sleep, your skin’s blood flow increases, and the organ rebuilds its collagen and repairs damage from UV exposure, reducing wrinkles and age spots and thus paving paving for that natural glow.
What will happen if you’re sleep-deprived?
Without adequate sleep, you’re more at risk for numerous physical and mental health concerns. Additionally, you may observe changes in your skin and complexion. We’ll cover how sleep, or a lack thereof, impacts the way your skin looks and feels.
- Lack of sleep is related to an overall increase in mortality.
- Hair and nails are modifications of our skin, both containing large amounts of collagen. So if our skin is affected, it’s likely that our hair and nails aren’t in peak condition either. Cue our Look Good gummies — they help you get that natural glow, luscious hair, and strong nails and all while enjoying flavourful gummies!
- Dark circles around the eyes are the most common tell-tale sign of a poor night’s sleep
- Induces cortisol, which can elevate oil production, leading to breakouts.
- The immune system takes a big hit when the body is deprived of regenerating sleep. This is a common cause of rashes and other skin-related problems. To prevent immunity-related issues, you can try our Immunity Boost Gummies!
- Skin Puffiness: When we sleep our skin repairs and renews itself. However, without enough sleep the repair process is slowed and toxins and fluids are not drained correctly, meaning puffiness (especially around the eyes) and the GAG synthesis (production of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid etc) do not work to their full capacity.
- Research shows a lack of sleep may cause acne. People who report having poorer sleep quality are more likely to have worse acne. Fatigue upon waking up is also strongly associated with acne.
- Less sleep can also lead to the appearance of aging skin. When people receive poor sleep, their skin doesn't retain as much water. Well-slept people also recover significantly better from facial redness caused by ultraviolet light.
How can you give your skin a rest?
- Obviously, get a full night of sleep. We understand that sometimes it becomes difficult to fall asleep and we just lie in bed all night, irate and sleepy. Well, here’s a solution for this problem: Restful sleep gummies will help you fall asleep peacefully within an hour!
- Wash your face and moisturise properly before turning in. Going to sleep with a dirty face can also harm the appearance of your skin. Cleansing your face each night is arguably more important than in the morning. A gentle cleanser to remove dirt, makeup, and extra oil will do the trick.
- Sleep on your back or use a silk/satin pillowcase. Sleeping on a rough cotton surface can irritate your skin and compress your face for long hours at a time, resulting in wrinkles.
- Elevate your head. Elevating your head has been proven to help with snoring, acid reflux, and nasal drip — all issues that can disturb the quality of your sleep, and therefore your skin. In addition, it can help reduce bags and circles under your eyes by improving blood flow and preventing blood from pooling.
What are the beauty benefits of getting enough rest?
Getting enough sleep is essential not only from a physical health perspective, but also from a skin-and-beauty health aspect. Getting proper sleep will help you have fewer wrinkles, a glowing complexion due to the flush of enough blood, brighter and less puffy eyes, healthier and fuller hair, and a happier appearance because when you look good, you feel good!
And you know what the good news is? Welly has aids to boost both sleep and skin, hair and nail health — with our Restful sleep gummies, you get immediate results and a peaceful slumber and our Look Good gummies work wonders on your skin, hair and nails! Yay!